Sunday, August 7, 2016

ARC: The Effects of Falling - Mariah Dietz (The Weight of Rain #2)

Published Date: August 2, 2016
Genre: Romance
Synopsis: I have loved my best friend for eleven years.
Eleven years of celebrations.
Eleven years of victories and losses.
Eleven years of inside jokes and shared smiles.
Eleven years of helping him raise his daughter as a single father.

He smiles at me and my world brightens.
He ignores me and I forget how to function.
He holds my hand and takes more of my heart.
He leaves and time stops.

We have both lost too much, but am I willing to risk the effects of falling again?

The Effects of Falling is definitely a book to read but only if you read the The Weight of Rain duet together. As for this girl, I felt confused even though this book was technically a stand-alone. I found myself in love with the characters because it didn't mainly focus on the sex and heated messes that often happen. 

Though this book wasn't complete gibberish where you had to read the first book first so that was much appreciated. Did I fall in love with Kash and Summer along the way while I read this? Yeah, I did. Are they my favorite book couple? No but they are getting up there. 

The plot line was all around hopeful because you wanted the best of the best for them especially after those eleven years. 

You just have to jump right into the story if you do not want to read The Weight of Rain. But I definitely want to urge you all to read the duet. 

They are both free on Kindle Unlimited and I have no regrets on signing up with that other than the 10 book limit. 

With a 3.8 out of 5 stars, I will blog you later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR