Sunday, July 10, 2016

Stiff: A Stepbrother Romance - B.B. Hamel

Published Date: January 16, 2016
Genre: Romance
Synopsis: My arrogant stepbrother has a secret.

I never saw a dead body before I met my new stepbrother Easton Wright. Back then I was just another normal college girl trying to escape her small town life.

Easton is an ex-FBI agent turned private investigator, and he thinks he’s the best thing to ever happen to our family. His blood-boiling grin and tattoos all make me want to stay far, far away.

That is until my stepmom convinces me to come work for him. It’s supposed to be “good experience,” but I can tell Easton only wants to experience making me blush with all his filthy talk.

I hate being in his office. He’s such a cocky bastard, but I can barely stop myself from imagining his rude lips against my neck.

Things only get worse when a serial killer follows him home. The bodies are piling up, and Easton is somehow intimately connected with the murders.

He drives me insane, but I’m so deadly interested in everything he does.

I need to crack the case and get to the bottom of my mysterious stepbrother before I become the final tragedy.
 

I think this year alone, the amount of books that I have consumed about step brothers, accidental pregnancies, and cheaters have been astounding. I think that there needs to be a change up but since I did purchase this book, I decided to finally give it a try. 

Stiff was definitely your typical step-brother romance because we have the alpha-ness of the guy who is messed up in the head but it is the girl who comes to the rescue. She mends him, herself, and the story. Hallelujah! Can I get an amen?! 

No? 

Okay. Completely understand.

Don't get me wrong, this book was hot and steamy all rolled into one. But can you expect anything different from this? They strive to be just that. Sometimes, it is just flat out weird. But this was a good mix in between but this will not be a re-read anytime soon with a 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Blog you later, awesome book nerds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR