Saturday, July 9, 2016

Slammed - Colleen Hoover (Slammed #1)

Published Date: January 5, 2012
Genre: Romance
Synopsis: Following the unexpected death of her father, 18-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she's losing hope.

Enter Will Cooper: The attractive, 21-year-old new neighbor with an intriguing passion for slam poetry and a unique sense of humor. Within days of their introduction, Will and Layken form an intense emotional connection, leaving Layken with a renewed sense of hope.

Not long after an intense, heart-stopping first date, they are slammed to the core when a shocking revelation forces their new relationship to a sudden halt. Daily interactions become impossibly painful as they struggle to find a balance between the feelings that pull them together, and the secret that keeps them apart.

Oh swoon, Colleen Hoover. 

I can officially consider myself a CoHort because Slammed is definitely a favorite book for me because it includes the strongest words that I could ever hear. Slam poetry has always stolen my heart because of the emotions that fill it as the authors perform it. 

My love for it is definitely unspeakable but Colleen Hoover made me cry within the first few chapters. The first poem that she created from the words of a minor character, my love for her went out. The pain and emotions I felt from the power of the words. 

As readers, we all know how powerful words can be to our hearts. They can make you happy, love, angry, sad, hurt, pained, and all but it was simply the magic that comes from it all. So as you can see, I did indeed love this book with all of my heart. A 5 out of 5 stars. 

Blog you later, awesome book nerds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR