Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Deeper - Allyn Lesley (Deeper #1)


Published Date: April 20, 2015
Genre: Suspense
Synopsis: Misled by the one she trusted the most...
With one standard traffic stop, everything Avianna Linton knew was shattered. Suddenly, her life wasn't what she thought. Hoping for anonymity and a new life, Avi flees to the bright lights of New York City, ready to start over.

Broken by a past he can't escape...
Rising from nothing on his own, Noah Adams grasps to power with bone-crushing grip, refusing to let anyone control him. The only person to ever dare to question his authority is her. And he can't handle it.

Connected by more than their disdain for one another...
Avi can barely hide her contempt for him. Noah struggles to control himself in her presence. Their attraction is undeniable, but impractical. They make no sense. But the closer they get, the deeper they fall.

I am not going to lie, it took me a while to get into this book. Make that several chapters to the 14th because it was very slow at developing and not mention, it was confusing as well. With switching perspectives, I have no problem with but I wish I knew who I was reading before diving into that section.

Deeper wasn't awful because it does suck in near the end and you need to know what is happening next. So you just kind of had to jump into the next book, Descent.

Filled with drugs, crime, and love, I think that you will indeed fall in love with the drug overload and the girl who will make you laugh with her antics.

Allyn Lesley did the best that she could to draw me into a suspense themed novel and I think that although it isn't my favorite genre, I appreciated this book by the end with a 3.7 out of 5 stars. Read this book and judge it for yourself.

Blog you later, awesome book nerds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR