Sunday, July 24, 2016

ARC: Hitman's Baby - Holly Hart

Published Date: July 11, 2016
Genre: Romance
Synopsis: "I didn't tell Roman he had a son. I didn't know."
Roman
This town was going to sh*t long before I got here. Alexandria's the kind of place that attracts the scum of the earth - people like me. It's a real mob city. The only person doing a damn thing to turn it round was Ellie. But I barely met her before her abusive ex stole her away - and left her in a coma.
I'll remember the night we shared until my dying day. Fate snatched her away from me once, but this time I'm not giving him a say. Ellie's been hurt more in her life than anyone I've ever met. So when Victor Antonov put a hit out on her, I knew I had to stop it. I had to save her. Victor's about to find out what happens when you threaten the woman I love. 
I'm going to make him pay.
Ellie
I don't remember what happiness feels like.
Four years with Rick saw to that. When the police locked him away, Roman showed me how to feel again, how to hope - and how a man should treat his lady. And then Rick broke out of jail. Seeing him in that dark alleyway was the last thing I remember. And I forgot. I forgot everything: love, and hope - and even Roman himself.
Now my life's in the balance, and every gangster in Alexandria is hunting for me. There's only one man on my side, a killer called Roman. He stirs something inside me, and every time I see him, my body aches. It's trying to tell me something, trying to reveal a secret...
I just don't know what.
Hitman's Baby is a standalone secret baby romance, the second in the Mob City universe - but don't worry, you can read it on its own! Holly doesn't do cliffhangers, and she guarantees an HEA every time. 

Hitman's Baby trails off of the first volume: Brawler's Baby. 

I am sure that this book will hit home for a lot of people. No not the mob side of it -- Though it could be... But just the words and actions of an abusee. The thoughts made me cry because there are moments of PTSD that kick in and the whole process of the inner workings of it all. You just have to question yourself and the life that you live because what if you were in their shoes. Would you be able to stop this? 

To write a review for this wouldn't do it justice. I found myself falling in love with the character as each second passed. But I was confused because there were multiple character perspectives and had to flip back pages to find out whose perspective that I was reading. Other than that, I loved how Holly Hart tied in the first novel to the second. 

So with a 4 out of 5 stars, read from the beginning of Mob City's books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR