Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Back Catalog: A Shattered Heart - Jenn Leigh (Live & Love #1)

Published Date: March 31, 2015
Genre: Romance
Synopsis: Natalie is ready for a fresh start and a new life, far away from her tragic past. Two years of running finds her finally settling down in a small town where she meets the Bradley brothers. One in particular—the quiet, infuriating one—has her feeling something other than the remnants of her tragedy. 
Josh is happy with life in his hometown, working for his parents' shop with his two brothers, when a beautiful woman comes in and throws his life into a tailspin. When the passion finally comes to a head with a passionate kiss, he can’t get her out of his head. Then a secret about her is revealed, one he never would have expected. 
When threats from an unknown source target Natalie, can they withstand the heat and have the happily-ever-after they so desperately need, or will Natalie’s past haunt her forever?

A Shattered Heart is the perfect title and description for the book. However, there were parts to it that had me with question marks floating over my head. So why, you ask? The characters were a strange mix. Cute but strange. I think it was mainly because their personalities were very quirky and as much as they meshed together, they reminded me of two magnets pushing off each other. 

No one and I mean no one should go through what Natalie did but unfortunately, she experienced one of the most tragic things a person could ever. However, the way that it was played within this book was almost like a crazy thriller. A murder-mystery story. Do you know what I am talking about? 

The antagonist is weird as hell and she definitely made me very angry in the process of the book because she had that superior air around her. But I guess that is what made her crazy. 

Natalie will try to run but eventually her past will catch up to her. Will her future and her past connect well, or will they crash and eventually fall apart?

My heart shattered but it was slowly mended back together. I liked every moment, notice I didn't say love because the word is thrown out there way to much and looking back at my reviews, I am sure you cannot miss the word love. 

I encourage people to read this book because your heart will shatter and warm itself all in one book. So I will rate this a good 3.6 out of 5  stars.

Blog you later, awesome book nerds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR