Wednesday, April 27, 2016

ARC: Bodyguard Dearest - Alison Foster

Published Date: February 29, 2016
Genre: Romance
Synopsis: My name is Tris Kane and I'm so done with college and this whole town and the leash my gangster father wrapped around my life at birth.
Oh yeah, and let's not forget Tanner Hayes, my father's all muscle watchdog who lives in my shadow. He's my so-called bodyguard.
I don't need a fucking bodyguard! And I hate his rugged deliciousness. Tanner barely ever speaks, yet I can't stop thinking about him. He's always there.
It just makes me want to scream.

This book was an interesting take on everything. I honestly thought this book was a bit overrated and I didn't know how I felt about it. 

In some ways, I did enjoy this book. But in reality, I think I disliked the book more than I did enjoy it. I was going to use the word hate but I feel as though that is too strong of a word for this due to the fact that I was able to finish the book before I collapsed from the fatigue.

From what I understood, this was to be a taboo romance but I didn't see it as that. She seemed to be a fully consenting adult and from the way she teased him, it was supposed to be sexy. It wasn't. At least in my eyes. I truly thought this was a boring romance.

There was a climax and all but it fell as quickly as it rose. That is the sad part about some of these books. Romance is hard to capture and if you were never in love, there is no way to enhance that within your books. 

Ultimately, as unsure as I felt about this book, I think I will rate this a solid 3 out of 5 stars. I don't want to think of this as a DNF book or even an awful one that I suffered through. There were good parts to it but it made me yawn.

Blog you later, awesome book nerds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR