Wednesday, February 3, 2016

The Gatekeeper's Sons - Eva Pohler (Gatekeeper's Saga #1)

Published Date: August 13, 2012
Genre: Young Adult
Synopsis: Fifteen-year-old Therese watches her parents die. While in a coma, she meets the twin sons of Hades—Hypnos, the god of sleep, and Thanatos, the god of death. She thinks she's manipulating a dream, not kissing the god of death and totally rocking his world. 

Than makes a deal with Hades and goes as a mortal to the Upperworld to try and win Therese's heart, but not all the gods are happy. Some give her gifts. Others try to kill her. 

The deal requires Therese to avenge the death of her parents. With the help of Than’s fierce and exotic sisters, the Furies, she finds herself in an arena face to face with the murderer, and only one will survive.


Dear Lordy. Help me review this book and be as nice as possible when it comes to this. 

When I read Vampire Addiction from her, I definitely didn't love her at first sight. When I read this book, it started off at a good pace... Then, enter the Gatekeeper's sons. Okay, sure. They are about 18 years old. Twins. Hot or supposedly. 

Therese Mills is a fifteen year old CHILD that watches her parents die in front of her. She then realizes that someone is trying to kill her. GASP. Dear God. I needed to close this book several times to keep going. That's a bad sign for me because I usually enjoy young adult novels. 

She's a special little... Thing. I guess is the best way to explain her. She is a lucid dreamer. She's compassionate towards all living things. Even towards the brothers. They are both immensely attracted to her.

Than reached across the bed and wiped the tears from her face and then lay back on his side. "My brother told me I should come to Earth and have my way with as many girls as I wanted, to sow my wild oats, he said; but that's not my style. There's only one girl I'm interested in."

Therese's heart sped up. "You can't really mean me?"

Truly, this is every 15 year olds dream. Strong and handsome men loving her. What the deuce.

PREDATOR ALERT. He wants to sow his 'wild oats' in the women that he was interested in... Sex craved predator towards an underage girl. What the actual heck? Are you kidding me? 

No sex at all. I mean, this is strictly young adult but the hints are there. Fantasies that run through every young adult's head. Alrighty then. The rating for this is a 1 out of 5 stars. I'm sorry, Eva Pohler. I truly do wish that I fell in love with you. 

Blog you later, awesome book nerds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR