Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Twisted Bond - Emma Hart (Holly Woods Files #1)

Published Date: June 11, 2015
Genre: Romance
Synopsis: I’m an Italian-Texan woman in a family full of cops. I’m passionate and shoot before I think. You only f*ck with me if you’re stupid.

Photograph cheating spouses. Hand over the evidence. Cash my check.
That was my plan when I returned home to Holly Woods, Texas, and became a private investigator.
Finding the dead body in my dumpster? Yeah… Given the choice, I think I would have opted out of that little discovery, especially since all three of my brothers are cops. And my Italian grandmother is sure the reason I’m single is because of my job.
Of course, my connection to the victim is entirely coincidental. Until I’m hired by her husband to investigate her murder and shoved bang-smack into the path of Detective Drake Nash. My nemesis, a persistent pain in my ass, and one hell of a sexy son of a bitch.
Shame he still holds a grudge from that time I shot him in the foot twelve years ago, or we could have something. In another life.
So now all I have to do is avoid my nonna’s blind dates, try not to blackmail my brothers into giving me confidential police files, and absolutely do not point my gun at Drake Nash. Or kiss him. Or jump his bones.
All while I hunt down the killer.
Sounds totally simple—until a second body proves that sometimes things that start as coincidences don’t always end up that way…

(Twisted Bond is book one of the Holly Woods Files series and while it does not end in a cliffhanger, it is not a standalone.)

Damn it all, Emma Hart. You just added onto my book boyfriends list with, not one, but FOUR new guys. Like are you kidding me? Just kidding. I love hoarding all of my book boyfriends because well, I fangirl over them all the damn time.


Experiencing Emma Hart for the first ever since meeting her through Facebook, I just cannot get enough of her. I mean, Noella, or as Noona calls her, Noelle-a, is a freaking badass when it comes to this. I mean she could shoot a bullseyes probably with her eyes closed. She's snarky and in all honesty, I could see myself in her because she is a people-hating person but she will help those in need. Not saying that I am saying I am these but she's smart, beautiful, funny, and passionate. 

I've never lived a life through a PI and now that I have experienced it, I don't think that I could go back. I mean, she's the bearer of bad news and the way she describes how people take the news is hilarious. There are the few who accept the news, pay here and continue on their way. There are those in denial and it is hilarious when they scream and shout because they refuse to accept the fact the news is bad.

I kind of want to be in a room where a PI breaks the news because damn, it would be hilarious to see the latter of the aforementioned. Then boom, we are hit with Drake Nash and boy, he's every woman and man's dream. I mean, your clothes just kind off want to fall off when you imagine Drake Nash and him prowling towards you. Yeah... Just take a moment to imagine that. LOL.

Ovaries exploded.

Time to read Tangled Bond and get some more of Drake and Noelle because this book was a solid 4 out of 5 stars. 

Blog you later, awesome book nerds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR