Wednesday, January 27, 2016

ARC: Rogue Debutante - Maggie Dallen (Belle Monde Chronicles #1)

Release Date: 
Genre: Teen Dystopian
Synopsis: A rebellion is brewing and everyone must pick a side....even pirates and debutantes.

Delia Langley has been a prisoner all her life - a prisoner to high society and its conventions. A prisoner to her wealthy father's overprotective measures. A prisoner to a fiance-to-be in an arrangement made by her father to have a royal heir. In fact, the only time in her life that Delia ever felt free was when she was captured by the much-feared pirate Blackheart and his crew, and held for months while her father negotiated her ransom.

Now nineteen, Delia is ready to leave another prison, the manmade "city in the sky," Beau Monde, where she's been tucked away, high above London all these many years. Her marriage to Lord Thaddeus Templeton will be announced after her debutante ball, and the wheels will be set in motion for Delia to take her place as a proper society lady. Except she has other plans. Masquerading as Madame X, a French pirate, Delia has arranged to purchase her own pirate airship from the mysterious "Professor." But her well-laid plan for escape has no room for distractions. Especially not Nicholas Crawley, the dashing, bachelor son of the family that's hosting Delia during her London visit. He's ruggedly handsome - and he's impossible. She doesn't expect to fall for him, but there's no denying the electricity that surges between them. A future with him would ruin everything, but her attraction to him is only one of many surprises poised to thwart her pirating plans in this charming steampunk tale.

In all honesty, I was expecting a really awful teen dystopian novel. Something really boring that I would have to flip the pages through on a daily basis. So when  I finished this book within a couple hours so I was pleasantly surprised.  Delia is the character that will drive you to read her book. 

The classic 'I don't want to obey my father' lady. 

Have we gone back into time? I think so. Because there are debutante balls in the book, courting, and even fathers shipping their daughters off to grow their power. Wasn't that something that they did back in the days? I don't even know what I am talking about. 

But I will be honest, I was expecting a MC that just drove me insane with her antics. The one that always needs to be saved. Along with the alpha male that refuses to listen to anybody. I despise those stories. This book definitely blew me away from the waters and I want to thank Maggie Dallen and Rock Star PR for teaming up with me to bring this book. 

If you love not only dystopian novels but with a strong MC that is all about girl power, you must read this book. It truly is an amazing book that is action packed with hints of romance in it. I say hints because it doesn't overpower it. I think the main theme behind this book was friendship comes from the most unlikely people.

I rate this book a solid 4 out of 5 stars so I will blog you later, awesome book nerds.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR