Wednesday, December 16, 2015

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 (Movie Review)

Released Date: November 16, 2015
Genre: Action
Synopsis: 
Realizing the stakes are no longer just for survival, Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) teams up with her closest friends, including Peeta (Josh Hutcherson), Gale (Liam Hemsworth) and Finnick for the ultimate mission. Together, they leave District 13 to liberate the citizens of war-torn Panem andassassinate President Snow, who's obsessed with destroying Katniss. What lies ahead are mortal traps, dangerous enemies and moral choices that will ultimately determine the future of millions.
Holy... This movie was so good and in all honesty, I started reading the books over again because you know, I want to become a sentimental sob over everything that is going on. I think that this book is one of the only dystopian series that I tolerated and read within 3 days. Because in all seriousness, Jennifer Lawrence is just an amazing person and I want meet Josh Hutchinson because I kind of fell in love with his little half smile from the shy Peeta. 

This is also the one books series turned into movies that made me well, not angry. Well some parts did but they weren't really relevant. It only slightly bugged me. All Katniss has known from the beginning was loss and despair. But she grew up stronger and independent regardless of what happened to her. 

It's one of the moments where you are just like, yeah, I want to cry and you can't say another word about it because I have been strong for me, you, other damn people in this world. She may be strong but that's only to certain people. Others, like her little sister, Prim, she is the sweetest older sister. Quite possibly like another mother to her because they both lost their father at a young age, putting their mother in a bad state of mind. But that jumpstarted them to becoming more mature. 

I personally love Katniss as a character. She fights for what she believes in and she's not afraid to ever show that things are actually worth fighting for still. She is the fire in people's hearts and she starts to light in other people. Spreading the strength.

Well, in little words to none. I rate this movie a solid 4 out of 5 stars. People who haven't read the books won't understand why they portrayed the things they did in the movie and it makes them confused. Needless to say, I loved the books and the movies. It is quite sad to see this series come to an end.

Blog you later, awesome nerds and give these series another round of applause. I am not done with these series yet because I am going to read the books again and review them just for you. Same goes for the movies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR