Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Sisters (Movie Review)

Release Date: December 18, 2015
Genre: Comedy
Synopsis: 
When their parents place the family home on the market, siblings Maura (Amy Poehler) and Kate (Tina Fey) learn that they have one weekend to clean out the junk from their old bedroom. Unhappy with the news, the recently divorced Maura and her hotheaded sister make plans to throw one final bash to recapture their glory days with their former classmates. As the raging party begins to spiral out of control, the gals soon realize that there may not be a house left to sell once the dust settles.
This movie was full of pathos and vulgarity. You can't deny the humor of Tina Fey and Amy Poehler working together because together, they know what humor is. Although, it was sprinkled with a lot of as said above, vulgarity and F bombs. 

Nowadays, people think that humor is having explicit language and sometimes, people just over do it. Don't get me wrong, I was laughing on some parts and there was a certain part with Amy Poehler that I just cannot get enough of because it related to my friends and I so well. NO SPOILERS FOR THIS MOVIE.

This is a movie that is a one-time and done. A hit it and quit it kind of movie. Sad to see it because Baby Mama was hilarious. Unfortunately, this story only has funny quirks but it isn't the greatest movie to come to theaters.

It's sad because I truly was excited for this movie because it related to my sisterhood with my best friend. 

I rate this movie a solid 3.2 out of 5 stars. Again, not the greatest movie in the world but it did have its funny moments.

Blog you later, awesome nerds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR