Thursday, December 24, 2015

MANIC - J.A. Huss (Rook & Ronin #2)

Published Date: November 10, 2014
Genre: New Adult
Synopsis: TRAGIC is over and Rook is ready for the future-Spencer Shrike and the STURGIS contract! It's three months of body art modeling! That means three months of Spencer Shrike's paintbrush all over her body, three months in front of Antoine's camera, and three months of twenty-four-hour filming for Spencer's Biker Channel reality show. Wait a minute... what reality show? Maybe she should've read that STURGIS contract a little closer? Sure, Rook's bank account is overflowing, but Ronin is angry, Clare is trying to escape rehab, Antoine is a worried mess, and Elise is just trying to hold everyone together. Rook's new family is about to fall apart before she even gets the chance to enjoy it.

Oh man, this book was just hot, hot, hot and in all honesty, I would love Spencer's paintbrush all over me because well, it seems artistic and you can barely tell if they are naked or not. (Don't know from experience but I figured I would take Julie Huss's word from her books ;) )

Now, this puts a rift in Rook and Ronin's relationship because of the whole alpha male thing. It's almost like "ME, MAN, YOU, WOMAN." All they want to do is protect them and in all honesty, this book, it revisits Rook's past and it has you on your toes the entire time. Rook is a strong individual and just a main character that you love right from the start. The strongest are the people who are often at their weakest.

God, there are some aspects in this book that had you wanting to strangle some of the characters but in all honesty, I think that Rook and Ronin's relationship turned to be stronger than ever before after this book. It is damn well a relationship that everyone can dream of. You meet the guy of your dreams at your new job while starting over. Needless to say, I swoon for Ronin.

I love Rook and Ronin's story so far and I am never disappointed as to where they take me next. I just absolutely enthralled in every single aspect and I really think that everyone should give this series a try and also just because Julie A. Huss is a complete sweetheart when you join her secret fan page, the Shrike Bikers. ;) I never understood this name until now.

Blog you later, awesome book nerds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR