Sunday, December 13, 2015

Dissident & Conscience - Cecilia London (The Bellator Saga #1-2)

Sorry to my followers who may think that I am spamming you. I don't want you to feel like that. I just wanted to bring this book to your attention for Cecilia London. 

Synopsis: What would you do for love of country?

In a new America where almost no one can be trusted, Caroline Gerard lies unconscious in a government hospital as others decide her fate. She is a political dissident, wanted for questioning by a brutal regime that has come to power. As she recovers from her injuries, all she has are her memories of a rich and beautiful past. 

What does it take to heal a broken heart?

As Caroline clings to life her thoughts drift to before the regime, when she was a rising star in the House of Representatives, widowed, and raising two precocious children. She remembers her unexpected attraction to fellow politician and playboy Jack McIntyre. Jack captures her attention with his rakish grin, disarming attitude, and dry wit, and soon their friendship blossoms into much more. 

Who can you trust?

Will the doctors charged with her care be able to save Caroline before it's too late? Or will she fall into the hands of those who seek to destroy her?


Set against the backdrop of a not too distant future, Dissident is a rollercoaster ride of political intrigue, passionate romance, and undying love.

The Bellator Saga is a six part series. Each full length novel ends in a cliffhanger. For readers 18+. This saga contains adult situations, including non-gratuitous violence, explicit (consensual) sex, psychological and physical trauma, and an oftentimes dark plot.


Synopsis: An escape plan foiled….

A determined woman….

One last tiny sliver of hope….

Jack will find me.

The Fed wants answers. And Caroline is determined not to provide them. They pull out all the stops, testing her sanity, testing her strength, testing her humanity.

Jack will find me.

Subject to cruel and merciless treatment at the hands of a government she once trusted, Caroline clings to her sole lifeline, her only chance at maintaining her tenuous hold on reality: her memories of her husband, Jack, her children, Marguerite and Sophie, and the friends who mean the world to her.

Jack will find me.

But what happens when hope starts to fade? How long until her interrogators cross over into the unspeakable sadism she fears ? How long before she finally breaks apart?

Part Two of a Six Part Saga. Conscience (approximately 120,000 words) is not a standalone and must be read after the first book in the Bellator Saga, Dissident. All books in the series end in a cliffhanger. For readers 18+. This book contains adult situations including graphic violence, explicit (consensual) sex and light BDSM, psychological and physical trauma, and an oftentimes raw, dark, and gritty plot.
 


So, due to the fact that these novels are really long, I just am taking my time reading them. I like what I am seeing so far and I can't deny that. I am really into these kinds of romance novels nowadays and I really don't know why because they usually are not up my alley. The whole BDSM was introduced to me by Fifty Shades and I am more into the more plain vanilla. In all honesty, this type of sexual activities really just hit me in the face and was like, "UM HELLO!? WE EXIST TOO! WE AREN'T BORING!" 

Well damn straight, they aren't boring. It just puts me in precarious situations that make me want to squirm and feel completely uncomfortable. I mean, Caroline puts you through a lot of emotions and you know, I am still testing out the waters as too how I feel about her. 

When I actually finish the book. This post will be extended so go ahead and check back before I start school again because I will be reading for most of my break or scheduling posts ahead of time because well, the holidays. 

I love you, awesome book nerds and thank you guys for being so fantastic with me and patient and kind. It is really all I can ask for in readers. 

Blog you later, guys! Kisses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR