Saturday, December 5, 2015

Bitter - S.L. Romines (Bitter #1)

Published Date: September 28, 2015
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Synopsis: Bitter- 
(of people or their feelings or behavior) angry, hurt, or resentful because of one's bad experiences or a sense of unjust treatment.

Vivian Halliwell will be the first to admit that she’s the ultimate definition of a bitter bitch. 

And rightfully so. 

Surviving an explosive past, Vivian has guarded her heart with steel walls and a barbwire attitude. Only letting a handful of people close to her, she has built a life that suits her just fine. 

Well, that was until…

When Sex-On-Legs Corporal Jax Maddox walks into her life, Vivian’s world is tossed upside down. Always keeping her emotions at bay, the six foot two Marine shows her that love is worth fighting for, even if you have to break down a few walls, deal with a butt picking, lollypop licking mini adult, slap a smile on your face, and point out a few crusty empanadas along the way…the ride is totally worth it.

(This book is intended for readers 18 and over due to explicit sexual content and foul language)

God, this book is hilarious and I was giggling on the train as I read this book. There was no ending and maybe I liked this book because of the wry humor within the pages and well, I laugh a lot at the words that authors give me and well, I make a metal movie in my head as it is happening.

This quote:

"That's hot."
Never, have I heard a man scream like a bitch before. But Jax, just now confirmed that some men do possess a feminine side.
"Damn, woman! Are you trying to kill me?" he squeaks out, placing the spatula over his chest.

God, I would love to hear this in person and as I am mentally picturing it, it gets even better and better. Wouldn't every person love to hear some macho man scream like a little girl?

Vivian tugs at your heart strings and well Jax is one of the most patient guys ever. Viv doesn't want to date. She hates men to the end of the world until her best friend, Cass, sets her up with Jax. A marine on leave for only two weeks and well, he just sounds hot as hell.

I rate this book a good 4 out of 5 stars because well, you'll either love the characters or just hate them in general. I loved the good laugh after such depressing stories and well, I like Vivian's spunk. She's got it and she cusses with a sailor's mouth.

Blog you later, awesome book nerds.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR