Thursday, December 17, 2015

At Any Turn - Brenna Aubrey (Gaming the System #2)

Published Date: April 30, 2014
Genre: Contemporary Romance/New Adult
Synopsis: So You Want to Be a Hero?

Millionaire CEO Adam Drake, overcame a tortured past to build his own gaming empire. He’s in complete control of his life. With his new found love for brilliant geek girl blogger, Mia Strong, the last piece of his life is in place. He's at the top of his game. 

Your Princess Is in Another Castle.

Until suddenly, she withdraws from him, leaving him in the dark. Something tells him she needs help. But she's too stubborn or scared to ask for it, and the more he tries to take control, the further he pushes her away. He can’t solve this problem by writing a check or a few lines of code.

He’ll have to dig deep and put himself at risk…or risk losing her forever.

This New Adult contemporary romance is intended for readers over the age of 18 due to adult language, sexual content and adult situations.

At the beginning of this book, we pick up where the delicious Adam Drake and beautiful Mia Strong left off in At Any Price. He had picked up limited things and took off on an expedition where he is trying to find himself. At first, it was lighthearted and I love their love for each other.

But things hit the rocky path and well, you just kind of want to shake Adam to get his head out of his butthole and Mia out of hers. Both are stubborn. Both are strong-headed. Both like to keep their life private from each other. Which is a no good situation waiting to happen.

Needless to say, for this book, I need a lot of damn tissues near the end of this book because the truth serum kicks in for the both of them and they fight for each other but they have a weird way of showing it. 

I also wanted to just insert here, a huge thank you to the Two Unruly Girls with a Romance Book Buzz  for giving me these books as gifts so that I could finish my series. I mean, I am obsessed with their love and for Adam will do about anything for Emilia because well, he loves her. 

I wish I had a freaking guy like Adam Drake to take control for my life which is always feeling like it is spiraling out of control. His hugs would be my medicine too just as it is for Mia.

I rate this book a good 4.5 out of 5 stars because well Brenna Aubrey is just amazing and there is no stopping that. I am sad that the series is almost over but with this book in particular, you'll be in for a large plot twister that it will make your head feel like it is spinning out of control. 

Blog you later, awesome book nerds. You guys are my favorites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR