Saturday, December 19, 2015

ARC: Pointe of Breaking - Amy Marie Daws and Sarah J. Pepper

Published Date: July 21, 2015 
Genre: New Adult 
Synopsis: When Ivy League & Tutus Collide 
A collaboration by Amy Daws & Sarah J. Pepper 

POINTE
Getting screwed over backstage by my married-ex tears my heart into a million tiny pieces.
[Sitting in the audience at the ballet with my former fling wasn’t my idea of fun.]

I live in my pointe shoes, not even my ex can taint my love for ballet. 
[I hate the ballet. This on again/off again crap was getting old.]

And then my whole world changes when I notice the smoldering gaze…
[Then I look to the stage, and I can’t take my eyes off…]

OF...
Leo Richards. 
[Adeline Parker.]

Concentrating on anything except his sexy…everything, is impossible.
[Her presence commands my attention…I’ve never experienced this before.]

He makes me second-guess everything I’ve ever dreamed about.
[She makes me question everything I’ve ever known.]

Fighting him is a strategic sport—no clothes allowed. 
[All I can think about are her sexy ballerina legs wrapped around me—tutu definitely on.]

BREAKING
Our scandalous rendezvous is plastered all over NYC’s tabloids.
[Because of my status in Manhattan, now I’ve dragged her into the limelight.] 

My ex will stop at nothing to tear us apart. 
[Seriously powerful people forbid me to be with her.]

Rumors about his past keep building. 
[I can’t tell her this secret.]

When it came to Leo, I only knew the big things.
[When it came to Adeline, I knew nothing about the little things.]

But uncovering those things about him [her] may push us past our breaking point.

God that is long ass synopsis and blurb but in reality, I actually enjoyed this book considering that I read 42 chapters within a day and just couldn't put down the book. I mean, Adeline is someone that will drive you insane with her actions. It doesn't just focus on Adeline's perspective because it switches point of views from Leonardo, hottie with a swimmers body, and Addy.

The book starts off in a rocky path because you learn that she is self-depricating. A real Negative Nancy, as my best friend likes to call me. She looks in the mirror and only sees her identical twin sister and she constantly berates herself in her head. She never thought she was good enough.

Then, guess who comes back into the story? The man who tore down her walls and is such a snob. I mean, she lets him take advantage of her because she never got over him and when he whispered sweet nothings to her, she was brought to her knees. But in reality, he was sabotaging every single thing that Adeline worked for since their break up. 

Her eyes find Leonardo and she uses him as her muse. Damn. It made me reminisce in the times that I was a kid and had dreams of becoming a ballerina. Now? Seeing what Adeline goes through at ballet school, I knew I made the right choice to drop out while I could. 

This story was heart-wrenching to say the least and I felt this story. I was immersed in the love, the hate, the good, the bad. This book puts you through an emotional turmoil because of the fact that Adeline pushes you through these emotions and it makes you want to hit her for being like this.

In all honesty, her as a MC is just really annoying because she is supposedly independent but she relies on guys to take care of her. In the book, you'll just be really annoyed with her because she's almost too stupid to learn from her mistakes. But in this book, you just have to overlook it because in the end, she is just trying to find herself even if it is in the weirdest way possible. 

I like Adeline and what she stands for. She's strong. She's smart. She overlooks all of the alpha males surrounding her and knows how to stand her ground.

Anyways, I will go ahead and rate this a good 3.5 out of 5 stars and I am really excited to read more of what Amy Marie Daws brings to her readers.

Blog you later, awesome book nerds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR