Friday, December 25, 2015

ARC: Not The One - Amy Daws (London Lovers #4)

Happy Holidays, everyone! 
Published Date: December 7, 2015
Genre: New Adult
Synopsis: My name is Reyna Miracle. Even though a part of my name is Miracle, there’s nothing miraculous about me. My body portrays the tales of my life. Every feeling, every heartbreak, every emotion. Marked. Inked. Stained. A walking canvas of my messed up truth. But there’s one confession I can’t put in a tattoo. A confession that will kill me to tell, but my best friend died before I had the chance. Now I’m left with him. The only one who can hold me in the night and squeeze that spot on my neck that feels like my lifeline between sanity and chaos. But we don’t work together. We’re absolute poison for each other. We’re a stifling, suffocating, sickness of darkness. But I feel safe...because I’ve made an art of pushing people away. Now he’s pushing back… And making me believe... Making me wonder... Maybe, just maybe... I could be the one

Reyna Miracle is someone that is bratty and someone you will just hate. She pushes every single person away and their buttons every time that she gets too close. It switches time periods and so you get really confused and by the end, you were kind of relieved it was over.

Like come on, Reyna, you have a bunch of people who love and care about you and you kind of just run away from the idea of love. I mean, don't get me wrong. I want guidance when I am growing up and if I had a mother who smiled and encouraged everything that I did without telling me what is wrong and what is right. She apparently didn't mind that Reyna got her first tattoo at the age of 15 and there's a point in the book where you scream, "WTF" but it shows a bit more into the life of Reyna.

Her body is a work of art however. It tells every single significant point in her life and you can't blame her. She went through a lot: Losing her best friend, losing her sisters, her dad, best friend's brother, and the love of her life.

The guys in this book sounds attractive and all but I don't think that I could ever add them onto my book boyfriends list because well, they are raunchy as hell and they have no filters. This book was twist after twist and you kind of felt a bit bad for her after a while.

I WANT TO FEEL SOMETHING FROM THIS BOOK but I didn't. Sadly. I can rate this book a 3 out of 5 stars and maybe it was because I didn't really connect with Reyna in the other books and I was thrust into the London Lovers series.

Blog you later, awesome book nerds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR