Sunday, November 22, 2015

Eighteen (18) - J.A. Huss

Published Date: November 17, 2015
Genre: New Adult
Synopsis: Eighteen is hard. 
And so is Mateo Alesci. 
Hard to read, hard to predict, hard in every way that counts. 
He wants things from me. 
Dirty things, nasty things, forbidden things. 
And I have to give in. 
His attention is completely inappropriate, but I can’t say no. 
The way he looks at me… the way he watches me through my bedroom window… the way he drags me deeper and deeper into his completely forbidden fantasy just… turns me on.  
He knows it turns me on. 
He holds all the power. He holds all the cards. He holds my entire future in his hands. 
And I have to give in. 
Because Mr. Alesci is my teacher. 
And I need everything he’s offering.

It's official. I never need sleep when it comes to J.A. Huss's novels. I mean considering that this was a true story, my heart absolutely wrenched when I was reading this. Of course, I don't know her personally but honestly, I just want to give her a hug. 

Okay, no spoilers because this is a book that you need to experience on your own. Mr. Alesci, an absolute hot guy that is forbidden. You cannot, absolutely cannot fall for your teacher unless if you can't handle the repercussions of it. She explains everything at the end of the book with her EOBS or End of Book Shit and well of course this is a novel and she did say it was only based on a true story. Not the actual story. I don't think that you can use the actual stuff. Well, I am absolutely enamored with Shannon and Mateo.

18 was a hard year for me myself. I never was happy with my life. I didn't want to be here or there. I wanted to curl up in a ball and disappear on most days. I didn't have the motivation to get up from bed but rather stay in bed and not move. It sounds bad but it was all because I put myself in a situation that I couldn't get out from. 

But in this book, you were Shannon. You put yourself in the situation and you think about what you would have done. J.A. Huss never disappoints when you need a good little ol' New Adult book that makes you completely squirm in public. 

This book again, is a must read. It's raw, edgy, and angsty. Not the bad kind but the kind that is addictive. J.A. Huss is someone that I can one-click and never think twice about it because of the fact that she knows how to capture your mind, body, and soul. I don't know if I can ever not live off of her books. 

If you go subscribe to her newsletter, you'll get in on some of the amazing shit that she puts out ahead of time. This book is 99 cents for only a couple for days then the price is going way up. Get it while it's cheap and just fall in love with her as an author. 

Now it's time to soak some more of this book in because my mind is out of control. You will love this book. I rarely give a high numbers in my ratings but this book, it deserves it. 4.7 out of 5 stars.

I love you, Julie. Never stop writing because I don't think I will be able to breathe without your hot as hell books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR