Thursday, November 12, 2015

Awake in a Sweet Unrest - Rowena Tisdale

Published Date: August 31, 2015
Genre: Erotic Fiction
Synopsis: Beautiful, single mother Sara Broussard finds herself torn between her love for two men. Eric Leland, the sexy journalist who offers her everything - love, stability, and a future. Nathan Remington, a ruthless politician who offers nothing, but awakens in Sara a primitive passion that only he can satisfy. Set against the backdrop of a corrupt city, Sara learns harsh lessons about love and lust as she is swept up in a journey of emotion and self discovery. Hot guys, steamy sex, and a story that will leave you panting for more!

Hot guys, check. Steamy sex, check. Leave me panting? Blank.

Yeah, it takes place in a corrupt city and you don't know how corrupt it is until Sara meets Nathan. But first off, I would like to say that even though it is reiterated within the book that Sara isn't a whore... I just cannot see how she isn't after Eric and her are over. 

Her and Eric were the sweet, loving type. Of course, I'm all for them. By part two in the book, I'm just annoyed with Sara... I'm sorry to say that but she's just really, really, really slutty... I mean, her boyfriend was late for two hours and you immediately hook up with a guy? Like come on now... I'm not a fan of that at all.  HER BOYFRIEND WAS LATE TO A GATHERING AND SHE STRAYS!

Would a person really do that if there was an opportunity like that? It just seems highly unlikely but as I am healing from a broken heart of a similar scenario, I can see that.

Now I think that this book started off really well. It had me going 'AWWW' in my head until part deux. That's French for two. ;) But honestly, I understand that she's lonely but she had Eric and honestly, I thought that was satisfying enough. She had her son. Her best friend. It wasn't like she was a hermit.

In all honestly, I think that I am going to rate this book a 3 out of 5 stars unless if she realizes that she made a mistake running away from Eric in a sequel. 

The formatting was also another reasoning why this book was not so high on my list. At first, I thought that the first part was in Eric's POV, the second in Nathan's, and lastly, in Sara's. But it was all in Sara's POV but there were points where I got confused because suddenly it would be in Gab's POV but technically Sara's which was completely confusing because it would give thoughts of other people and even when Sara was turned away or not looking. It was just a bit strange is all...

The book does end with a bit of a cliffhanger so hopefully there is something in the future that clears everything up and make me rate it higher. I see a lot of potential for Rowena Tisdale in the future and I look forward to reading some more of her things if she decides to make more. 

Anyways, blog you later, awesome book nerds and I will be back with The Forbidden Muse - Aubrey Parker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR