Friday, October 9, 2015

If I Speak True - Jessica L. Brooks (The Flora series #1)

First off, a little thank you the author Jessica L. Brooks for signing and giving me all of her books because everyone needs a little something something in their life and mine is books. When I got these in the mail, I squealed... Like a pig... Ashamed very little at this point because I mean this book was given to me for an honest review and let me just say, get the paperback edition and hold these books in your hands because it is a beautiful cover and the paper is amazing. It almost makes me not want to make the first crease into the book... Almost.

I think everyone should take the chance on random books that you have never heard of from not-so well known authors because you never know what you will get.
Published Date: January 27, 2014
Genre: Young Adult/Fantasy
Synopsis: Dahlia Kennedy's sixteenth birthday marks a decade of mysterious dahlias arriving and strange, lonely dreams of being in a forest. The only difference this birthday, however, is that for the first time, someone is there with her. And he's practically from a whole other era.

The more often Dahlia visits Rowan in his land of Ambrosia, the stronger their connection grows. But... is Ambrosia real? Is he real? What is going on between the two of them, exactly, and why does he insist that she keep it to herself?

As secrets usually go, however, it's only a matter of time before everything comes out. And when Dahlia finds out the truth of who Rowan is, who she is, and how he really feels -- it’s beyond anything she could have ever imagined.

Well here's the review:

I really did like this book. It was amazing to cuddle up with before I went to bed and whenever i got a chance in between classes, or enjoying my caffeine of the day. But before I started reading it, I spoke with Jessica and she is one of the sweetest people that you can talk to even on a daily basis. Sometimes, it felt like I was bothering her. To give an honest review, sometimes, feelings do have to be hurt but that was not the case with Jessica's books.

But, honestly, I felt as if the plot was a bit rushed... She's never met this guy in her dreams and all of a sudden, she feels this connection with him. I was rooting for the potential other guy in the book but of course, every female character loves the strong and mysterious guy. Don't get me wrong. So did I. In fact, I put him on my book boyfriends list because I mean, come on. You'll just love his outlook. 

This was a series given to me for an honest review so let me just say that Dahlia is an interesting character to follow the story with. She is funny as hell and makes me want to stop cussing and just say "SALT" all the time now. Especially since I also have a lovable and yet sometimes over-protective mother. 

I mean, the beginning of the book made it seem like it was going to be a paranormal book and I was in for a scare but I liked that there was a little romance. Well, actually a lot. But there was a confession part of the book to this that had me questioning as to why it happened.

Don't get me wrong. I really did like this book. It was a fresh take on books that I usually read and it was a good breather. I would definitely read this again as I am making my rounds through my books. It even has a special spot next to my favorites on the bookshelf.

Dahlia Kennedy is a junior(I think) in high school and she has two awesome best friends, Eva and David. She just turned 16 and she is 'infatuated' with Pierce, an Upper that seems like he doesn't even notice her. But she starts dreaming of a world known as Ambrosia and meets a mysterious character, Rowan, that she starts to feel for. She doesn't know that time shifts while she is there and literally, time flies. 

I am not going to spoil anymore because you will just have to read the books in order to fall in love with her writing style. I had a lot of fun reading this book and like i said before, I would and am going to read this again. 

I am going to go ahead and rate a good 4 out of 5 stars and here is another thank you to Jessica L. Brooks for providing these books that I will probably be seen carrying around everywhere.

Blog you later, awesome book nerds and as I said before, take a chance on an author because you never know if you will be in for an awesome surprise. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR