Tuesday, October 27, 2015

At Any Price - Brenna Aubrey (Gaming the System #1)

Published Date: December 9, 2013
Genre: Contemporary Romance/New Adult
Synopsis: Achievement Unlocked: Geek Virgin

When Mia Strong, proud geek-girl and popular gaming blogger, auctions off her virginity online, she knows she'll make waves. But what she will not be making is a love connection. Her rules are set in stone: One night. No further contact.

It's a desperate step, but it's the only way she can go to medical school and pay her mother's mounting hospital bills.

Difficulty Level: Millionaire CEO 

Adam Drake, the enigmatic auction winner, is a software prodigy who made his first million at seventeen. Now, in his mid-twenties, he's sexy, driven and--as CEO of his own gaming company--he's used to making the rules. Before Mia knows what's happening, he's found the loophole in the rules of her auction. Every stipulation she's made to protect her heart gets tossed by the wayside.

She can't tell if he's playing her...or if he's playing for keeps.

This New Adult book is intended for readers over the age of 18 due to adult language, sexual content and adult situations.


I was pleasantly pleased with this book for a romance/new adult book because I mean, it's hard to find a good romance without feeling disgusted at every turn. I read Fifty Shades of Grey and that is definitely getting pushed down to like number 10 of my favorite romances because this one came on the list. 

I mean, I read this in a day and I really haven't done that for romances before. Of course I had to divide it up due to school but I mean Adam Drake is a hot nerd who meets gaming, beautiful, blogger, Mia.

If I am being honest, it's almost like gaming nerd meets Fifty Shades of Grey because strangely there are some parts that remind me of Fifty Shades minus the BDSM. You feel? It's just vanilla but I mean, it's rich,  self-made millionaire meets innocent girl who turns out to be a virgin, who in turns goes against himself to save her purity and ends up only having vanilla with her. In the end of the book, he ends up hurting her so she runs away to her mom... Sound familiar? Thought so. 


Lots of twists and turns that will have you on your toes and want to refuse sleep because you want to finish this book. I will definitely want to read the next few books in the series and again, if you liked Fifty Shades or at least tolerated it, you will love the romance within the book because you're meeting a completely spunky girl that will make you laugh with her attitude.

After this, you'll want to put Adam Drake on your book boyfriends list.

I am going to rate this a good 4.5 out of 5 stars. Read this and you will understand why I feel the way I do.

Blog you later, awesome book nerds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR