Sunday, September 27, 2015

The Green Inferno (Movie Review)

Let me just say this, if you want the blood and gore. You won't get it here. Yeah, there were some parts that made you cringe or gag. Eli Roth kept it PG-13 and I think the only reason why I believe it was rated as R was because you saw a penis here and there, touching, and boobs. Can't see the boobs unless you're over 17, right?

Release Date: September 25, 2015
Genre: Horror
Synopsis: 
New York college student Justine (Lorenza Izzo), a lawyer's daughter, meets a student activist named Alejandro (Ariel Levy) when he goes on a hunger strike on behalf of underpaid janitors. Smitten, Justine agrees to help Alejandro undertake his next project: to save the Amazon. She soon learns to regret her decision when their plane crashes in the Peruvian jungle and she and the rest of their group are taken captive by a tribe of hungry cannibals.

One of the movies that I will never add to my horror movie collection nor would ever watch it again if someone does have the audacity to buy it. I am not going to lie... I learned about the cannibalistic tribe but honestly they mistook the group to be part of the group that was destroying their homes. 

I will save you the $11 of watching it and give you what I got in.

College freshman wants to do something for the world, finds an activist group, flies to the Amazon, group chains themselves to trees, main girl experiences near-death experience, on plane ride back home, plane breaks down and crashes, tribe ambushes them, eaten one by one. Main girl survives. Of course she does. Of course she does!

I was expecting gore. I was expecting hardcore cannibalism but honestly, I either cringed at the screaming or I was laughing at the movie. There was a sweet cannibal kid that felt that what they were doing was wrong... Guess what he does?  

There was a funny part that does involve hyper-ness and the munchies... Can you guess what happens? Yeah, you just got the idea. I was laughing a bit to hard at that scene...

This movie was not god-awful but it wasn't a 5 out of 5 stars. We are going to go ahead and be generous and rate this movie a 2.7 stars out of 5. Do not and I warn... Do not spend money to watch this.

Alright, I will blog you later, awesome nerds and I will be back with The White Rabbit Chronicles series by Gena Showalter in order to celebrate her upcoming book to be released on the 29th of September and Forever with You - Jennifer L. Armentrout, also being released on the 29th of September. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR