Sunday, September 6, 2015

The Accident Season - Moira Fowley-Doyle

I am sorry for neglecting you all. Happy Labor Day weekend and I hope that everyone is taking advantage of the sales that are going on. I am here now and I am ready to review... Not really...

Published Date: August 18, 2015
Genre: Paranormal/Young Adult
Synopsis:  It's the accident season, the same time every year. Bones break, skin tears, bruises bloom.

The accident season has been part of seventeen-year-old Cara's life for as long as she can remember. Towards the end of October, foreshadowed by the deaths of many relatives before them, Cara's family becomes inexplicably accident-prone. They banish knives to locked drawers, cover sharp table edges with padding, switch off electrical items - but injuries follow wherever they go, and the accident season becomes an ever-growing obsession and fear.

But why are they so cursed? And how can they break free?
 


I was really excited for this book. It was new. It was different and it seemed intriguing. But right now, I am only on the fourth chapter and I am just not loving it right now but I told myself that I am going to power through it and I did so I pat myself on the back for it. 

From what I got already from the book is: Yes we understand that you are seeing someone in ALL of your photos. I understand that your mother is having a slightly mental breakdown because she cannot handle the accident season. We understand that even if he is your step-brother, you both feel incest-feelings for each other. 

I mean, overall, it was an interesting book. Something new and different but it wasn't my style of my favorite books and although I struggled through it, skimming a few pages (YES, I am the worst reviewer in the world!) I can honestly rate this a solid 3 out of 5 stars. I would not read this book again but it was alright.

I don't have a lot to say about this book because I am honestly just kind of weirded out by it... A strange story, indeed. But the plot twist at the end was what got me.

Anyways, I will blog you later tonight hopefully with Sweet Temptation - Wendy Higgins because I found it in my bookstore and I will be going there again to see if they have another book that has not been published just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR