Monday, August 24, 2015

Sinister 2 (Movie Review)

Release Date: August 21, 2015
Genre: Horror
Synopsis: 
Hiding from her abusive, estranged husband, Courtney Collins lives in a rural house with her 9-year-old twins, Dylan and Zach. Young Dylan receives nightly visits from ghoulish kids who show him disturbing images of families being slaughtered. It's all part of the grand plan of Bughuul, the evil spirit who recruits innocent children to murder their loved ones. The only hope for his intended new victims may be a former deputy who's familiar with Bughuul's fiendish work from the past.

In all honesty, I loved the first movie. It was deliciously terrifying and it leaves you feeling uneasy. However, with Ethan Hawke no longer as the lead, but a new family as they run and hide from the 'family man'. But there is something much more terrifying than an abusive man.

As much as I liked the movie and could give the movie itself a good 3.5 stars out of 5, I can understand why it only got a 5.6/10 on IMDb and a 12% on Rotten Tomatoes. It made me laugh more than be frightened and of course, it gave you a couple jump scares. 

I see this movie being a mix of The Ring, The Shining, and Saw. You have the creepy tapes that are meant to be watched as you are becoming 'initiated'. You have the creepy twins. You have the goriness. But I cannot bring myself to watch this again because not only was it not scary enough to leave me shuddering but because it was just bad. The only part that got me were re-watching the tapes with the twins. 

The more I think about this, the more I start laughing because this movie was an joke. I wish that I was creeped out more especially if I am paying $10.00 USD for it. 

Either way, I am indifferent on the movie. Not really scared or impressed and yet it was scary enough in its own way.

Blog you later, awesome nerds with the review on Storm - Brigid Kemmerer will be coming soon as well as Darkness Becomes Her - Kelly Keaton.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR