Saturday, August 22, 2015

Rebels : City of Indra - Kendall & Kylie Jenner and Maya Sloan

Published Date: June 3, 2014
Genre: Teen Dystopian/ Young Adult
Synopsis: Kendall and Kylie Jenner, stars on the hit reality show Keeping Up with the Kardashians, present their debut novel—a thrilling dystopian story about two super-powered girls who embark on a journey together.

Two cities… Two girls… A shared destiny…


In a world of the far future, the great city of Indra has two faces: a beautiful paradise floating high in the sky, and a nightmare world of poverty carved into tunnels beneath the surface of the earth. 


Kendall and Kylie Jenner, the youngest sisters in the Kardashian dynasty, have written a gripping tale of air, fire, and a bond of blood.


I was not impressed by this book at all. I don't know whether it was because of the whole writing style. Switching off character POV's usually does not bother me because it is definitely interesting to see the other person's perspective. 


The writing style was more childish than anything. There were no descriptors for their actions. If I were to describe the writing, it would be written like this: So this happened. Then this happened. But then I felt this and this happened.


My initial response to the book before I read it, was that I was excited to give their book and chance considering how everyone was rating it so awfully before giving it a shot. 

This is what I said: "I am going to give this book a shot and it is not because I learned that the Jenner sisters wrote this but because the book was written with a co-author, Maya Sloan. [She does need to be given more credit]

I think that every book should be given a chance and I do not like the fact that everyone is judging the book off of Keeping Up With the Kardashians. 

Although it is another teen dystopian novel, I am planning on being objective. However, the poor summary of the book has me edging away from it very slowly. I really do like sci-fi novels and we will see how this particular one will go."

I cannot believe, I did not listen to the other reviewers. Also, as you know, it is a pretty big pet peeve of mine to not finish a book and so I would like to say that I am astounded that I could not read this for a long period of time. It was boring, cliché, and annoying. 

First off, it was like the movie Mean Girls from two different worlds. You saw both their perspectives. Both girls new to their lives and yet there was always that mean girl that always casted them out.

Secondly, only one guy was available for the both of the girls? I mean, honestly... I would be so angry if my supposedly twin sister moved in on the one guy that was mine. The ending chapters or POV's were very disappointing.

My rating for this book is sad to say but .5 out of 5 stars. Yes, that is correct. 0.5 stars. This is my first book to ever rate so lowly. 

I really wish that this book had gone a lot better... Again, that is just Amy's Review Obsession's thoughts on the book.

Other than that, thanks for reading this post and I will have Darkness Becomes Her - Kelly Keaton. 

Blog you later, awesome book nerds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR