Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Extras - Scott Westerfeld (Uglies #4)

First off, happy birthday to me! I could have posted this yesterday but I chose today because this review is the mark to the end of the Uglies series and I am sad at the fact that I will not be reading and reviewing this anymore. It is a series that can be read over and over again without the worry of becoming bored. 

Published Date: October 2, 2007
Genre: Sci-Fi/Fantasy
Synopsis: 
Fame

It's a few years after rebel Tally Youngblood took down the uglies/pretties/specials regime. Without those strict roles and rules, the world is in a complete cultural renaissance. "Tech-heads" flaunt their latest gadgets, "kickers" spread gossip and trends, and "surge monkeys" are hooked on extreme plastic surgery. And it's all monitored on a bazillion different cameras. The world is like a gigantic game of "American Idol." Whoever is getting the most buzz gets the most votes. Popularity rules.

As if being fifteen doesn't suck enough, Aya Fuse's rank of 451,369 is so low, she's a total nobody. An extra. But Aya doesn't care; she just wants to lie low with her drone, Moggle. And maybe kick a good story for herself.

Then Aya meets a clique of girls who pull crazy tricks, yet are deeply secretive of it. Aya wants desperately to kick their story, to show everyone how intensely cool the Sly Girls are. But doing so would propel her out of extra-land and into the world of fame, celebrity...and extreme danger. A world she's not prepared for.


I love Scott Westerfeld as an author because he definitely knows how to focus on the whole end-of-the-world teen dystopian novels with a small romance but it is not the main focus of it. It is of the action and fantasy of these novels. 

Okay, at first I was definitely confused as to why it was a different story from another characters point of view. By the end, I loved how Scott Westerfeld incorporated the other three books into the bone chilling conclusion to the Uglies series. I do not know if I want to start reading his other series but it was a good, no, it was a great book.

These series was definitely a great re-read especially since i never really understood it way back in middle school. It was entertaining and something that I could read on the train every day to work. 

This book was a perfect conclusion to the entire series and although I wish it was continued, it was definitely a great ending to an amazing series. 

I rate this book 4 stars out of 5 only because I was slightly confused on the fact that Westerfeld started this series with new characters and by the end, I loved again, how he connected everyone together.

Watch for my review on Beautiful Creatures - Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl ; Rebels: City of Indra - Kendall/Kylie Jenner & Maya Sloan ; The Young Elites - Marie Lu ; City of Ashes - Cassandra Clare ; Clockwork Angel - Cassandra Clare ; Beautiful Disaster - Jamie McGuire.

Thanks for reading awesome book nerds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR