Saturday, June 20, 2015

Dangerous Deception - Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl (Dangerous Creatures #2)

Published Date: May 19, 2015
Genre: Sci-Fi/Fantasy
Synopsis: 

From the world of Beautiful Creatures--a dangerous new tale of love and magic continues in the sequel to Dangerous Creatures.

Love is ten kinds a crazy, right?
Let me put it to you this way: If you can get away, run. Don't walk.
Because once you're exposed, you'll never get a Siren outta your head.


Some loves are cursed. Others are...dangerous. Especially the love between wannabe rocker and quarter Incubus, Wesley "Link" Lincoln, and Dark Caster, Siren, and bonafide bad girl, Ridley Duchannes.

But now Ridley is missing, and Link was with her-right up until she vanished. Determined to find her, Link reunites with his New York bandmates and the mysterious Lennox Gates, who wants Rid for himself. Together they travel to the deep south, find the crossroads where blues guitarist Robert Johnson made his deal with the devil, discover a menagerie of Casters locked in cages, and uncover an evil in New Orleans that threatens to destroy them all.

This time, love might not be enough.

"There are three types of girls in the world. Good girls, bad girls, and Ridley Duchannes. Ridley is in a category all on her own."

Dangerous Deception had me on my toes throughout the time I have read it. Trust me, I had it with me while I was waiting in my car, reading in bed, even dog-sitting. I absolutely loved this book and I really do believe that anyone who is interested in fanatical creatures, this book is for you. It is not the typical vampire/werewolf novel like Twilight but it definite has its cheesy moments.

Throughout the book, I was washed over with emotions from happiness to sadness to anger. Why? You'll just have to read the book series in order to figure it out. Without knowing that Dangerous Creatures was a spin-off from Beautiful Creatures, I was kind of thrown into the characters and the plot line. Although, I cannot commit to saying that you need to read Beautiful Creatures before Dangerous Creatures but it would be a good way to brush up on the characters which is what I will be doing as I finish up the City of Bones series, Red Queen, and Scarlett Undercover.
Published Date: March 27, 2007
Genre: Sci-Fi/Fantasy
Published Date: February 10, 2015
Genre: Young Adult/Fantasy
Published Date: May 19, 2015
Genre: Contemporary/Young Adult/ Mystery

I rate this book a solid 4.5 stars out of 5. Do read this by checking it out at your local library or just buying it. Do keep in mind that not only Red Queen is an option for a movie deal and the title for the second book has been released: Glass Sword.

Thanks for reading awesome book nerds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR