Sunday, March 22, 2015

Insurgent (Movie Review)

So I came back from watching Insurgent and I have to say that I am pretty disappointed in the creation of this movie.
Release Date: March 11, 2015
Genre: Teen Dystopian/Action
Synopsis: 
Now on the run from Jeanine (Kate Winslet) and the rest of the power-hungry Erudites, Tris (Shailene Woodley) and Four (Theo James) search for allies and answers in the ruins of Chicago. They must find out whatTris' family sacrificed their lives to protect and why the Erudites will do anything to stop them. Side by side, Tris and Four face one seemingly insurmountable challenge after another, as they unravel the secrets of the past and -- ultimately -- the future of their world.

Okay, so disappointment sounds a little harsh but after reading the book and watching the movie, I just felt like they changed the whole movie plot. So I guess I felt irritated.

No spoilers but hopefully, I am not the only one out there that felt the same.


I feel that if the director, script maker, and author could all work together, the movie would have turned out fantastic.


I asked some family members as to what they thought of the movie and I will let you know now, that they did not read the books. They enjoyed the movie and were really into it.


There were parts that I may say that made me laugh and they got right but in all honesty, would I watch it again, probably not. But then again, I have a weird obsession where I cannot have any imcompletes among my extensive books/movie collections or it drive me insane and considering I already have the first movie, I'll need the second too. 


I felt a little evil after explaining to my family why I didn't enjoy the movie and I would rather get back my money for it which made them get irritated by the movie. So... yeah... 


Anyways, I think that I would recommend this to people who have not read the series or else you will get a slight irritation. 


I rate this a 2 out of 5 stars.

But the trailers were good!


Fast and Furious 7

The Age of Adeline
The Longest Ride
Pitch Perfect 2
MAX

and there's a supposedly scary movie coming out but I forgot the name already. I usually anticipate them too.

Update:

So the other movie that I am excited about is Pixels. I thought the trailer for that was funny. I will post that later. 

Also the scary movie is called, Before I Wake. 

Blog you later, awesome nerds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR